A website is becoming more and more important for businesses. Believe it or not it is your company’s sales rep on the online world. Therefore, it must have certain characteristics to make it more attractive and give a good impression of your business. In some cases it might be the only information a prospect have about your business. The following are 5 items every website MUST have:
- Easy to find contact information. This is one of the most important things to take into account to have on your website. Make it very easy for customers to know how to contact you. In most cases the whole purpose of the website is to bring leads or to have your prospects become your customers. So one of the keys to make it successful is make it very easy for them to contact you. This is one of the simplest thing to have on your website and yet the most important. So make sure your contact information is visible, it is proving to be very effective when you make it easier for your customer/prospect to find you.
- Look professional. Keep in mind that your website is not only on the presentation. More importantly it is your sales rep on the online world. So just like any member company, it has to look professional. In many cases, it’s probably the first thing that your prospect sees about the company. Your website must cause a good impression. Its proven that a internet user takes between 3 to 7 seconds to decide if they should stay or leave the website. In many cases your website would be the only information they have about your company. Depending on the impression and the experience they have during their visit to your website would determine if they should or should not contact your company. Making good impression is very important, Make sure your website looks professional and it is giving a good impression to your prospects.
- Talk to your clients about their need. Not just talk about your business. Talk about how you can benefit your customers. In many cases, companies allow their ego to fill the information on their website. Some companies talk too much about themselves and too little about their customers and how they can help them. Do not fall into that tramp. Many business tend to forget that it is ALL about their clients. Remember that your customers are looking for you as a company to solve a problem or fulfilled a need. So keep your clients in mind when you are writing the content for your website. Remember, the website is created for them, for your customers, make sure they realized that its all about them. Your website is there to inform them about what you do and what you can do for them.
- Mix images and text. Having good content is important but also. Having an informative website with detailed information about your products and services is very important. But keep in mind,that making your content entertaining and visual is very important to get your message across.Having a website with only text and very few images is not a good practice. Not everybody sees things to the same way. Some people are more visual and expect images. Videos are also another very interesting way to explain and talk about products and services. In many cases it is actually the best way to describe a product or service. So make sure you have a nice balance of images, text and even videos if possible.
- Social media links. Social media has becoming more and more effective way to do marketing for many companies. It is an excellent way to stay connected With your customers and stay in touch with them in a personal level. It gives your customers the opportunity to talk & share information about your company with their friends. Therefor, it is very important to have your social media icons on your website. Not only this would let your visitors know that you are in social media; but it would also help increase your social media audience. Let your customers know that you are in social media and invite them to like your Facebook page follow you on Twitter and so on.
Take you to take a few minutes of your time and review your website and make sure that you are all these 5 points are fulfilled. Some of these points are very crucial to have a successful website. It is important that you review your website and make sure all of them are met. If you want a more comprehensive evaluation for your website and if you click here It’s free of charge anyone hurt to make sure the website is your most useful marketing tool. At the end of the day, must companies are looking for leads through their website.